It was nice to see a package for me on the front porch this week! Lately they have been Christmas gifts for everyone else. Here is what came in my December Birchbox, first is what they have to say about each product and my take is next. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
1. [Atelier: Cologne Vanille Insensée Cologne Absolue] We fell in love with Atelier Cologne’s Vanille Insensée Cologne Absolue at first sniff. Unlike most vanilla scents, this one is fresh, not sweet. Top notes of bright lime and coriander mingle with middle notes of jasmine and oak moss, while Madagascar vanilla and amber notes anchor the scent. Happily, the romantic fragrance lasts all day — we’re smitten and you will be too.
My take: I sadly can not wear perfume, I’m allergic to basically all of them. So I will have to pass this along to someone else to try out!
2. [Davines: OI All in One Milk] This multipurpose leave-in treatment is specifically formulated to moisturize and amplify strands for long-lasting style. Packed with rich roucou oil, this cream supports hair growth and protects it from harmful UV radiation, while ellagic acid fights off free radicals and cell damage. For added moisture, provitamin B5 and a functional amino complex condition strands, keeping them soft and supple during heat styling and preventing unwanted frizz.
My take: You would think with all these hair products I have been receiving in my monthly beauty boxes my hair wouldn’t be frizzy still, but it is. So I’m excited to give this a try, so far, so good!
3. [Marcelle: Hydra-C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel] Perk up and protect with this lightweight gel moisturizer. With green tea, cucumber extracts, and vitamins C and E, it nourishes and hydrates skin while guarding against pollutants and stressors. This formula glides on with a cooling sensation, soothing skin as it gets to work.
My take: Well if this isn’t just the prefect time to start trying an energizing moisturizer that guards against stressors, you know since Christmas is in 9 days!!!!!
4. [LOC: One & Done Shadow Stick] We’ve spent light-years searching for a full, long-lasting eyeshadow look that we can fit in the palm of our hand. Breaking news: We’ve accomplished our mission. This easy-as-could-be, paraben-free shadow stick from Birchbox brand LOC nixes the usual eye makeup hoopla (read: multiple brushes, blenders, and primers) and delivers up to 11 hours of creaseless, waterproof color—all in just one swipe. Even better, everything in the LOC line is super affordable, cruelty-free, and the perfect compact size–ideal for keeping you stylish through the seasons!
My take: Used this eyeshadow yesterday and it lasted all day, so I have to say that it’s working pretty good.
5. [ARDENCY INN MODSTER: Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner] We consider our eyelids canvases, so why did it take so long to find an eyeliner that works more like a paint? This creamy, waterproof liner glides on effortlessly, allows enough time for blending, and then sets to a bold finish that won’t smudge or budge. The formula contains volatile oil (which evaporates to set the liner), silicone oil (to add glide and retain moisture), and carnauba wax (to increase durability). Bonus: The pigment level of each vivid shade has been maxed out to achieve extreme color payoff.
My take: It’s another eyeliner, I swear each beauty box contains at least one. This one will be a top lid only since it is easy to put on and is a little softer.
6. and 7. This month box also came with a cute compact mirror and gift tags.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin