Happy 7th Birthday Leighton! I can not believe our sweet, funny, sassy, loving, outgoing, life of the party, smart, cuddle bug is S.E.V.E.N!!! Time seriously needs to slow down, how is it possible that I met this cute little girl five years ago?? I’m so grateful to have watched her grow up into the amazing first grader she is. My life would not be the same if I did not have this amazing little girl in it, I hope she realizes how much she means to me!
In honor of Leighton’s 7th birthday here are 7 things about her that I always want to remember:
1. When you coming running into our bedroom in the morning, jump in the middle and are so happy to cuddle
2. Your wittiness and the amazing one-liners you come up
3. How you give random hugs and kisses, which make my day
4. The random dance parties that you want to have and your love for family game night
5. How important school is to you and how hard you try
6. Your drive to be independent, but the fact you still want your dad or me to help you out sometimes
7. How you want to talk about all the boys that like you or that you like- hopefully after first grade, you are over boys for a long time!
“I may have not carried you for 9 months but I will spend the rest of my life loving you, protecting you, and doing whatever I need to make you happy”