It’s the first Birchbox of 2017 and so far they did not disappoint. First is what Birchbox has to say about each product, next are my thoughts.
1. [Avene: Soothing Moisture Mask ] Avene: Soothing Moisture Mask – From the time that alarm clock buzzes, we’re up and running. There’s never a dull moment, and, exciting as that is, it can also take a serious toll on our skin. So when we want to treat our complexion to some well-deserved R&R, we turn to this incredibly soothing mask, which revives tired, lackluster skin in a matter of minutes. The unique, nonsetting formula penetrates deeply to banish redness and irritation while delivering intense hydration with a subtle scent.
My Thoughts: I tied this mask once so far, and so far so good. I need all the hydration I can get this winter! I’m not a huge fan of the scent, but I’m a horrible judge on that since almost every scent bothers me.
2. [bbrowbar: Brow Definer] The definition of brows that wow is the result of this brow tool. Not only is it waterproof, smudge-proof, and super-easy to glide on, but it also creates soft, shapely, fuller brows with a contemporary matte finish. The definer helps fill in the smallest of gaps thanks to a slim, retractable tip, and provides brows with nourishing vitamins and antiaging antioxidants.
My Thoughts: 2017 is going to be the year I learn to do something with my eyebrows- I feel like a preteen trying to figure out how to do their makeup for the first time. So I was very excited to see the Brow Definer in this box!!
3. [IPKN: Moist & Firm Beauty Balm] Moist & Firm Beauty Balm – Finally, there’s proof that we can have it all—at least when it comes to makeup. This multi-tasking BB cream is a total powerhouse. In addition to offering SPF 45 protection and flawless coverage, the gel formula is packed with nourishing ingredients like vitamin E and collagen—resulting in a more hydrated and brightened complexion. With a matte finish, we can shave our moisturizer-foundation-powder routine down to a single step.
My Thoughts: I’m not positive on this BB cream yet, but so far I’m really liking it. I wore it today and it’s still doing good around lunch time- so I will see how it lasts when I get home.
4. [Juliette Has a Gun: MMMM…]Vanilla, orange blossom, tonka bean, and raspberry blend together for a gourmet fragrance that is almost edible in its decadence. (Hence, “Mmmm.”) However, the underlying notes of neroli, ambroxan, sandalwood, geranium, jasmine, tuberose, and iris add a floral, woodsy sophistication—making this otherwise sweet, onomatopoeic eau de parfum something of a forbidden fruit.
My Thoughts: Totally sucks that my skin is sensitive and different smells give me such a headache, I can’t use this perfume.
5. [R+Co: Oblivion Clarifying Shampoo]It’s time to push the reset button on our hair. When gunk from styling products, chlorine, and hard water leave our hair feeling dull and weighed-down, we turn to this clarifying shampoo for a deep clean that doesn’t dry our hair or strip away its natural oils. Rosemary leaf extract and tea tree oil work together to remove build up while coconut oil strengthens and conditions each strand. Japanese witch hazel purifies the scalp as wheat amino acids revitalize dull, damaged hair with a boost of glossy shine.
My Thoughts: I received a clarifying treatment in my last Target Beauty Box, which seemed to help my hair some- but I finished the trail size bottle I received. So I’m excited to see how this shampoo compares.
6. [R+Co OBLIVION Restorative Gel Conditioner]Our dry, unruly hair is no match for the healing power of natural oils. This nourishing conditioner with a unique oil-in-gel formula hydrates and revitalizes hair without leaving it oily or weighed-down. Vitamin E conditions and adds shine while a blend of natural oils hydrates and heals each strand. Sweet almond oil strengthens hair with vitamins and healthy fats, and peach kernel oil reduces frizz and prevents environmental damage. Coconut and moringa seed oils round out the natural blend, deeply conditioning hair and maxing out its shine potential.
My Thoughts: Like I mentioned in my thoughts about the clarifying shampoo, I’m very interested to see how a shampoo + conditioner combo works versus a treatment.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin